The CHHUNY Difference: Why Choose CHHUNY?
CHHUNY has been created in order to provide quality family driven, youth guided care management to children and youth with needs in the region by partners experienced in both managing and providing care to children and their families.
What CHHUNY brings:
- Presence in 54 upstate counties that ensures continuity of care for a child and family that moves
- Standardized processes that provides ease of access to LDSS and community referrers
- Deep understanding of the unique needs of children (all participating board members have long history of serving children/families)
- Commitment to family driven care (our model proposes coaching the family to manage their own care)
- Commitment to principles of Family Finding for disconnected youth
- Access to system wide consultation for assistance with complex needs
One of the most comprehensive data management systems to work with agencies of all types and sizes making the transition to the Children’s Health Home model easier and more cost effective for both case managers and service providers
At a time when the Medicaid system is increasingly driven by the adult system, there are only two Health Homes that are operated exclusively by children’s providers – CHHUNY and the Collaborative for Children and Families serving New York City. Our Health Homes are partnering together to ensure that the children’s community continues to have a strong leadership voice.